Learning The Language
- You Don’t Know JS is the title of a series of books written by Kyle Simpson. You can read the books free online. This series is pretty awesome!
You may consult multiple books to understand the same topic. But it would be a good idea to start one book and stick to it.
- HackerRank – solve programming problems with JS here.
- You can also train JS at CodeWars.
- How about learning JS while playing some games? CodeCombat has you covered!
- You can solve problems at Project Euler too!
Once you have learned the language, you can choose to work on the front end or the backend or you can choose to be a full stack JS developer! The choice is yours. Do try both and see which ones you like. Having a solid understanding of the language will make it easier for you to pick up any stack / framework. So put extra focus on learning the concepts well and taking your JS skills to intermediate level!